Wagon pict by Ida

Wagon pict by Ida

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Goodbye Summer . . . Hello 1st Grader

My little Kelton is all grown up and off to 1st grade! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by, and how much this little guy has grown this summer. We had a good laugh when he tried on all his old school clothes and his shorts were two inches above his knee and skin tight :o) Kelton is my big helper, a big tease, a good sport, and my little buddy. I'm going to miss him while he is gone all day long!!!

Our summer officially has come to a close. Kelton headed off to 1st grade today, and I'm realizing now how quiet my life may be these next few months, at least for most of the day. I still have 3 at home, but with 2 napping after lunch, and Rylee coloring, I might be able to get some things accomplished, or at least that is my goal :o)

Here are some pictures of what we have been up to lately, lots of fun playtime!

Krystal got married, here is Kody with his sisters and dad.

Everyday this past month, the kids have been outside trying to catch chickens! Grampa turned them loose, and the kids have been dying to get one. Kelton would invite Scottie and Bentley over to help him build traps for them too. I would find them in the tree with ropes tied to buckets, running around with wire catchers, setting out bait (tomato worms), and climbing on the chicken coop. Who wouldn't want to grow up on a farm?They got one cornered in this pen and ran the poor thing back and forth until it finally gave up and let Kelton grab it. Even then, Kelton didn't dare pick it up, he just held it there on the ground so the kids could pet it. Rylee came running into the house yelling, "Kelton caught a chicken! Come out and see!"

Kelton grew into a big boy this summer and was dying to learn how to mow the lawn. At the farm, there's plenty of lawn to mow, and he has done his fair share, and loved it! Thanks Kelton for all of your help!Bit's learning to ride his big boy bike. We like to go on walks/bikerides to the park down the street.


Kinley turned 8 months old:

And grew her first tooth,

And checked out grass for the first time,


I should have been a cow, this stuff is good!

4 comments:

AdaMartha said...

I love the pictures of all the kids!! Kinley can come live with Daisy and eat grass with her all day... How are the little chicks doing? Go Kelton! Addi has started helping mow the lawn this summer, too. Good luck with 1st Grade! We start our school in 4 days.

bennion.john@gmail.com said...

I love eating grass too!

Have fun in 1st grade Kelton! When I was in 1st grade I hid in the garbage can and jumped out to scare my teacher when she came into the classroom. Just an idea :)

Scott and Selma said...

Love you guys! Thanks for letting us tag along on all of your summer adventures, especially the chicken catching and walks to the park. We love living by you and hope we don't wear you out playing. Good luck at school Kelton.

Anonymous said...

Kin, I love that last pic of you. You are getting so big. Kelton, you are mowing the lawn that I loved to mow. Good luck, it always needs to be mowed. I can't believe you are in first grade. I can't wait to see all of you guys. Have a blast catching chickens and playing!