Wagon pict by Ida

Wagon pict by Ida

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Grandma

I've been thinking about doing this post for a while, but now, since I can't sleep, tonight is the night. Although sadness and pain is inevitable with this, I want to remember and share a little on the wonderful life that my sweet mother-in-law has lived. For those of you who don't know, Kody's mom was diagnosed with cancer back in October, had a tumor removed from her foot, gone through chemo, had a brain tumor removed in March, lost all movement in her left leg, and now just today found out that the cancer is spread throughout her whole body. The Doctor doesn't give her much longer to live. I guess until now, I thought that everything would turn out okay, that eventually she would get better, and that life would go on, as it always had, with our kids going to visit grandma, eating all of her treats, getting spoiled, babysat, and receiving 100% of her love and attention. I think that's what I love most about her, that she loves my children, maybe even more than I do, and that they always felt loved and important when they were with her. Thanks grandma for loving all of us! We sure love you!
Here are a few pictures of some fun memories that I will always cherish!

Throwing rocks in the stream at the Cabin.

At the Cabin: Kody and I were spent and ready for bed, but not grandma and grandpa. They made sure Kelton and Rylee got to roast their marshmallows!They absolutely loved it!

Who could resist this cute little puppy?
She loved our newborn babies! Especially their dark hair. When they would start to loose it, she'd say, "That mom is washing all your dark hair away!"
This was a happy day, when Krystal came home from her mission!
MaKayle's wedding, all their children.
Our newest baby, Kinley. Kinley got some fun grandma time after Sacrament Meetings for a couple of months. Kinley's blessing day.
I don't think she wanted this picture taken, but Kelton got a new camera, and was dying to get a picture with his grandma on it. . .
And his grandpa too!
I don't know what will happen, or what to expect, but I guess through all of this; I want to enjoy and love my kids a little more, be a little more kind, a little more patient, a little less stressed, a lot happier, more helpful, quicker to show love . . .

6 comments:

Scott and Selma said...

Don't know what to say, but, Sorry! We love you guys. Your kids are lucky to have a grandma like Grandma Mitchell.

The Rambling Reids said...

Rachel...I'm thinking of your family today. Hard times make us remember who we really want to become. I love you. You are so sweet and loving just like Grandma Mitchell.

AdaMartha said...

Rachel, I love you and your family! We've been thinking and praying for your family, too! We love you and are so sad for the trials the Mitchell family has to be going through right now. And yes, I think you are a lot more like Grandma Mitchell than you realize. Thanks for writing, because you sure helped me want to be a better mom and person, too!

Everett Pharm said...

We are also praying for you and your family and also Kody's. We are glad that you have wonderful memories and pictures and can share them with us. Grandma's are heaven sent.

Sara Ann said...

That is so hard! I am sorry:(

Anavon Harris said...

We got Krystal & Haini's Wedding invitation in the Mail today and started checking out their blogspot and of course being family I had to snoop around for other blogspots... Came acrossed this one and just wanted Kody and you to know how sorry we are about Aunt Phyllis. (My heart goes out to you both and the kids.) We felt so bad that we couldn't come back for the funeral. Anyway, the pictures of the kids are so fun to see and they are getting so big. Just thought we would post a note and also invite you to check out some of our new adventures at our blogspots. We have two.... One that is public / business ( www.anniespantry.blogspot.com )and one that is designed more just for the family / genealogy. ( www.anamarproductions.blogspot.com )

Hope we can stay in touch and if you ever need a great beach vacation, you can come our way to Myrtle Beach, S.C.

Hugs to you all.... Anavon, Marty & Boys. email, anamarproductions@yahoo.com